Monday, May 3, 2010

How Best To Glue Pieces?







I love the colors from the 4/27 Colour Q challenge! I just had to play along. I combined it with the Simply Sunday Sketch #10.

I first put the card together just as the sketch is laid out. But, because I didn't stamp any background stamps on the separate pieces, it just looked like too much empty space. Since I used the Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, I decided to pull out my retired Hodgepodge Hardware and match the eyelet with brads for the label. I started looking at the little paperclip looking pieces and decided that they would fill the empty space nicely. Well, they do, but I had a heck of time glueing them down. I think you can see a little of the glue, eventhough it is dried. :( If you have a good tip for glueing down things like this, please let me know! I'd be most grateful!

I used the Easy Elegance stamp set. I used my markers to color in the flower image and then stamped off twice. I like the way it looks and it fills in a lot of space!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cindy! I love your card, it's gorgeous! The hardware is awesome & so are those flowers! You should go link this at the colourQ... I re-open the linky after the deadlone for people who play along after the deadline!

    ReplyDelete