Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy APA Month!




I'm a little late, but just in time! It's May, so it is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. I wanted to do something to celebrate my Japanese side, so I broke out my Japanese stamps and this is the card I made. I used the Mojo Monday sketch (week 139) for the layout.

I originally stamped a crane on black cardstock, but it just didn't work with the origami paper I selected. So, I chose this fan image. I colored it in using Copic markers and colors from the origami paper and then lightly sprayed it with champagne mist (mixed with alcohol in a mister sprayer). I also used a Gold Signo pen to color in the cording on the fan.
I recently bought an i-top tool to make covered brads. I originally bought the wrong "brads", but just found the right ones and the punch at a scrapbooking store in Vegas. I was able to use it on this card and it worked so well! I'll have to practice a little though as it took me some time to get the finished piece out of the tool!

The stamped verse on the bottom says "Thank You". I'll probably use this to send to my Auntie in Japan :) Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Fan (Tagland 600) and Hippo Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment