Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Retirement!


















One of my dear friends retired in December of last year. But, work has been so busy that they are just now getting around to having a retirement party! I've been meaning to make him a card but haven't yet. I just received the invitation to the party that will be held next week, so that helped push me to make it ;)

I used the Clean and Simple Fall To Layout 89 sketch with the Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 28. The colors from this challenge are great and just using a little Rose Red was perfect; the card has a more masculine feel. The sketch is perfect too. I've been meaning to break out my Seeing Stars stamp set and star punches. So, that's what I did.

This clean layout lends itself to so many possibilities. I wanted to keep it pretty simple though. I did use some of the linen thread and wrapped it around the main section about three or four times. I then punched a star brad around the thread.

I think this will be the perfect card; now, what to get as a gift?!?! Thanks for looking and Happy Monday!












No comments:

Post a Comment