Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Name Day!




Today is my Mother-in-Law's Name Day. She's named after St. Irene.

I love Gretchen Barron's Inspiration in Action sketches. I used #26. I think it is an elegant sketch and the colors she used on her sketch helped me pick out with DSP to use! I used Porcelain Prints. I think this paper is so elegant and beautiful. My Mother-in-Law is very elegant and such a beautiful person (inside and out), that I wanted to match the card to her :)

I pulled the colors from the paper (Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, and River Rock). I used the set Petal Prints and chose one flower for the main image and cut it out. I stamped the piece behind the flower using the leaves stamp from that set.

You know, sometimes I wish I'd quit when I'm ahead. The card looked good to me as it was. I don't know why I thought it needed some Dazzling Diamonds! I think I took away from the elegance of the card with the DD, but it's now there to stay! Oh well, live and learn, right?

Thanks for looking and Happy Name Day to all the Irenes out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment