Monday, May 31, 2010

Celebrate!







This weekend's challenges were (color from DCBD #178 and sketch from CCM.SC #6). I just found out a friend's birthday is on July 4! These colors are perfect for a patriotic birthday, don't you think? Again, I started going through my older stamps and found this balloon/celebrate stamp from the Tag Time set. It was perfect. I first punched out the scallop oval shape and used my new favorite tool (Stamp-a-majig) to line up the image. I then colored in the balloons with my red and blue markers. Next, I started building the card. I used the Real Red DSP from the Patterns Pack and punched out some stars. I had a hard time choosing which red ribbon to use since there are so many great ones, but finally decided on the 5/8" red because it fit the design the best. I finished it off with the star brads.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic card, it is so fun to look at. I have a hard time using that specific pattern of DSP but it works so wonderfully here. Thanks for playing with the Diva's.

    ReplyDelete