Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Great Butterfly Layout!




I love this layout! I found it on Verve's site - VLVApr2010 Week 3. I wanted to use my Nouveau Chic DSP, so I started cutting it out to match the sketch design. I wanted a lighter setting for the butterfly, but wanted some interest to the piece. So, I sponged it with Apricot Appeal and then sprayed it with some platinum shimmer paint. I used a little mister and mixed alcohol and some drops of the platinum shimmer paint. It truly does make the nicest shimmery spray and because it is a mister, it doesn't spray a huge amount. It doesn't take too long to dry either. I'm not sure you can see it in this photo, but in person, it is just that little extra that fits the card. I was glad to finally be able to use some of my gray satin ribbon. I love that satin ribbon, but have found that I keep using the same four colors! The gray satin is very elegant; will have to find more uses for it!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment