Monday, August 1, 2011

July Swap Meeting Card

Here is the card I made for the annual July stamp swap meeting I attend.  I love the new SU! hostess butterfly stamp set and wanted to use it for the card.  When I saw the one "wreath" stamp, I knew I wanted to use ribbon to "hang" it.  I had originally designed the card using Rich Razzleberry ribbon.  Luckily, a friend told me it had retired.  I hadn't realized that!  One of the rules to our swap is that only current catalog items can be used.  So, I scrambled and thought about changing the card altogether, but liked the ivory satin ribbon; it was a good compromise.  I used the Naturals White paper for this card - it is such a beautiful paper; nice heavy weight, and very rich in feel and look.  It goes well with natural colors.  I stamped the corner images in Early Espresso.  The wreath is stamped using Rich Razzleberry ink on RR paper.  I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy.  One of the rules to the swap is that you must use an embellishment.  Since I use ribbon on just about every card I make, I don't think of it as an embellishment!  So, I decided to add some pearls to the flowers. 

Thanks for looking and have a great day!  Stay cool!

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo pretty....such a great design with the flourishes and the gorgeous bow gives it such an elegant look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!!! Simple, yet elegant.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous elegant card, Cindy! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the coronary...
    Hugs Regina

    ReplyDelete