Monday, August 29, 2011

August Design Challenge Cards

Can you believe the month is almost over?  Where did it go?  Although I'm ready for cooler weather, I'm not ready for the summer to be over quite yet.

Anyway, it is time to post our August design cards and here they are!  First, here is the design challenge sketch and colors:


Here is my card.  I had come up with my card this week and then realized I had forgotten the colors!  I was going to do a Christmas card!  I thnk I'll use this sketch for one of my Christmas cards - I like it!  I thought the colors would go well with this Fluffles stamp.  I found the corner of the image too blank, so added a bow.  I just love to add bows - I think they finish off any project!


Here is Michelle's card - isn't it adorable? What a cute card for a new baby! I love how she cut out part of the turtle and popped it up with a dimensional. It definitely adds depth - love that!  The pearls are an excellent touch; so soft on this card.



I think I like this sketch because it reminds me of a present.  It will go well with any gift!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the challenge! I love the cards that you and Michelle came up with... I was so inspired that I created two cards as well and posted them on my blog today:

    http://unfrogettablestamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/08/simply-paper-design-team-challenge-8.html

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete