Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year - Year of the Rabbit


Happy New Year, Everyone! I have several craft resolutions this year and I am going to try my darnedest to keep them this year! Here they are: (1) Use one new stamp set a week, (2) Make one Christmas card design a month and then make 5 cards of that design, and (3) Start a monthly sketch/color challenge with my stamping friend, Debbie Williams. I'm hoping that this will help me continue to create, use more of my products, and challenge me! Plus, I should have enough Christmas cards ready by December - a definite plus! How about you - did you make any craft resolutions this year? I'd love to hear them if you did!

One of my friends commissioned me to make some New Year cards for her to send to friends and relatives in Japan. So, I was very excited to make this card for her. It is the Year of the Rabbit and I love this year. I have had house rabbits for over 17 years and love them; they make wonderful (but high maintenance!) pets. So, it just makes me happy to be celebrating the rabbit this year. To all of you born in the year of the rabbit - may you have a wonderful year!

OK, so back to the card. I used a set I bought that has all 12 Chinese zodiac stamps. I also used a sentiment stamp I bought in Japan a couple years ago. I stamped both with Versa Mark and embossed them. I colored in the rabbit image with my Copics, layered using some origami paper, and was done! I like the simplicity of it.

Again, Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The Year of the Rabbit seems made for you. I love your card and look forward to the challenges you and Debbie come up with. My resolution is to try all of the challenges you guys come up with......

    ReplyDelete