Friday, June 18, 2010

Altered Magazine Holder




My first passion is to cover things in paper/alter items. I found some plain, white cardboard magazine holders at IKEA. I decided to try covering one in DSP. I pulled my open packs and decided to use some Razzleberry Lemonade paper. I traced the sides of the holder, cut the paper, and adhered with a glue stick. I then covered the front and back. I pulled out the Melon Mambo polka dotted ribbon and wrapped it around the whole holder. I then made a double bow and stuck that on. I wanted an area to write, just in case I make a lot more and want to categorize my magazines, so I added some hodgepodge hardware with a little sheet of Melon Mambo to write on. I like the way it looks and think it would be cute with the others on my bookshelf. If I get around to making the others, I'll post them together.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice!!! You are the Queen of the Altered Products...........

    ReplyDelete