Saturday, April 17, 2010

Loving my Stamp-a-majig!




I can not get over how much I use my stamp-a-majig now. What have I been doing all these years????




I absolutely love the colors from this week's Diva Coffee Break Designs. It reminds me of one of my all time favorite DSPs - of course, I can't think of the name! I think it was Spring Flowers? Anyway, this color combinations just works for me and I love it! Thank you DCBD! I'll definitely be using this one a lot!

I have really been wanting to use sets I've barely used. I thought the Looks Like Spring set would be a good pairing with the colors. So, I broke out the card stock and got to work. I used one of the background stamps in this set and my stamp-a-majig to create the background. I used Chocolate Chip on the So Saffron paper. It was so easy to line up! I can't believe I didn't use that tool before. My backgrounds must have been horrible or non-existent! I guess we all change styles over the years.

Anyway, I love the daisy stamp in the set, but didn't feel like cutting out around each flower petal. So, I broke out my daisy die for the Big Shot and ran several pieces of Cameo Coral through. I think I used three pieces of each size to build up my daisy. I also gently pulled the petals up to give it more dimension.

I used a lot of things I haven't touched in a while for this card and it was so much fun! I love the wide Chocolate Chip satin ribbon and had to incorporate it. I also used my tag punches and the flower punch that matches this set. I used a CC corduroy button for the large daisy and a little CC brad for the little daisy.

I love how this card turned out. The colors just really work for me! Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the day!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the stamp-a-majig Cindy. I've had too many experiences with wonky sentiments after spending time on a card and have now learned my lesson! Love your beautiful daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, Cindy. The die is really fun to use.
    Just wanted to let you know that your blog is one of my favorites, so I am giving you a SUNSHINE AWARD--because you make me smile when I stop by. Thanks for all your inspiring work. You can pick up your award at http://creativewishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete