Sunday, April 4, 2010

Father's Day Card




I know it is a bit early, but I thought this sketch (Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge 67) would be perfect for a Father's Day card. I have the set Thoughts of Father and knew I wanted to use it for cards this year.

I needed masculine colors, so I went through my DSP and decided to use the Tall Tales DSP. It has such a great variety of papers! I sat down and started the layering process. I thought that some hardware would be a nice masculine touch, so I broke out the retired Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware. I think I don't use the hardware so much because it is hard to find stamps that fit in them. BUT, the Teeny Tiny Wishes is great for so many reasons, but especially for its size.

Here is one Father's Day card down, I'll be posting the other soon! Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamps: Thoughts of Father and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Tall Tales DSP, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Whisper White
Ink: Memento Chocolate
Accessories: Old Olive Ribbon, Seaside Ribbon Originals, and Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment