Saturday, April 3, 2010

Color Combos - You Never Know...


I get to pick the weekend challenges (color and sketch) for our SU! group. I love this task! This weekend, I chose a color combo I haven't seen posted anywhere (sorry if it has been!), but that I thought would look good together: Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss, and Kraft. I think they are very elegant colors. I had a hard time accessorizing the card though since there aren't a whole lot of options that are current (one of our rules). But, luckily, I have the Mellow Moss grossgrain ribbon and I thought the large vanilla grommets were okay to add.
I used the Our Creative Corner sketch this week. I thought it was a great layout!
I found out that this week's Crazy 4 Challenges challenge is to use Kraft paper. So, this card works for this challenge as well - yay!
I love this set (Wings of Friendship). The bird is just so cute and the flowers so beautiful. I colored the stamp in with my markers and then stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used my distressing tool from the cutter kit to distress the edges.


I think I like these colors together and hope you do too! Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful, love the pretty colors. Hugs Silke

    ReplyDelete