Friday, January 20, 2017

New SU! Occasions Catalog!

TGIF!  Hope everyone has had a very nice week and has nice plans for a good weekend!

SU!'s 2017 Occasions Catalog is out and I just received my order :)  Great timing too because this week's Sisters In Stamping theme is to create something from the catalog.  Head on over to the blog to check out the other projects this week!

I fell in love with the Birthday Blast stamps set and matching die.  I had to have them!  I also really liked the Urban Underground DSP and Embellishments.  They are perfect for masculine projects.  I actually bought a lot of things from the new catalog, but I'll get to those things later :)

For this week's card, I wanted to make some masculine birthday cards because I have a lot of men's birthdays coming!

Here they are.  I ended up making two of similar designs.  I didn't know which of the DSP sheets I'd like, so I cut several :)


I really like this first one - both papers are from the Urban Underground DSP set.  I like the visual texture of the die cut sheet.  I love the matching embellishments too - they look like screws and seem to match the background paper.  I stamped the sentiment and framed banner from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set and punched it and the framed banner piece using the matching Duet Banner Punch.

The second card needed a solid background because the die cut piece is pretty busy.  But, I still really like it - that paper is great!  I used the stars from the Urban Underground embellishment pack.  These cards came together pretty quickly.  Love matching things; makes it so much easier!

Well, thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment