Friday, March 11, 2016

Easter Cards

This week's Sisters In Stamping theme is "Easter Cards"!  This was great for me because it helped me get a jump start on my Easter cards :)

I loved this little lamb stamp as soon as I saw it and had to have it.

I also love vellum!  This Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack has some beautiful designs.  I decided to pair the stamp with the vellum and also the In Colors!  I have to admit, I have not embraced this year's In Colors as I have past ones.  So, I decided to use each color.  Since there are 5 different vellum designs, it was perfect for using with the 5 In Colors!

 Above are all 5 cards.  The first card I assembled was on the Watermelon Wonder cardstock.  I used the Tombow glue on the back of the Watermelon Wonder cardstock to adhere to the Whisper White cardstock card. It had a weird effect on the vellum even though the glue didn't come anywhere near the vellum!  It still made it ripple like it was a little wet.  I don't know why it did that.  So, I didn't use the Tombow glue for the other 4 cards.  Instead, I used the a roller adhesive on the back of the In Color cardstock.  It worked perfectly.

 I stamped the lamb image using Staz On.  I have found that it is the only ink that doesn't smear on vellum and dries nicely.  I then used my In Color markers to color in the lamb's cheeks, ears, hooves, and the grass.
 Hopefully, you can see the vellum patterns on each of these - so cute!  I thought they matched well with my little lamb.


I wish you all a very Happy Easter!  Thank you for looking. 

Check out the other Easter cards by the Sisters In Stamping here.

No comments:

Post a Comment