Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm thankful for...





I am really blessed to have so many strong and wonderful women in my life. Each month, I'm going to thank some of my favorite women by making them something and letting them know what I've learned from them and how much I appreciate them!

First, I'd like to thank my sister, Debbie Naylor. She's taught me about the wonderful world of SU! and stamping. I tried so hard to resist her in this, but I'm glad she won out ;) She is so creative, especially on the fly, and so darn passionate about her craft that it is just so contagious! Debbie, thank you for instilling the passion of stamping in me. I do love it and regret what I said about 5 or 6 years ago, "Oh, I'm a scrapbooker. I'll never get into stamping." haaaaaaa

Please take a look at Debbie's lovely creations here!

OK, so I wanted to make Debbie something lovely and hope she'll think this is. I made a shadowbox creation using the Greenhouse Gala DSP. I have to admit that I was a late bloomer (no pun intended!) to this paper. I didn't love it at first, but have come to really appreciate the richness in color in this pack of papers. I do love it now! I bought some shadowbox frames from IKEA and have been wondering how to use them. I was thinking about this DSP one morning and it hit! The one paper screams vines to me (probably because it is!). So, I created a 3D flower and made a 3D butterfly with the Big Shot. I used some older rub-ons on the glass and assembled. I really like how this turned out and hope she will too!

Thank the lovely women in your life and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!!! Debbie will love it. You are getting very good at the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is such a gorgeous design....the flower and butterfly are just fabulous and how cool to use the shadow box!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! WOW!!! This is gorgeous... and it's for me?!?!?! You are the best! I just *knew* you'd love stamping... after all, I am your big sister and know everything... ha ha ha. Really, though, you're so talented creating beautiful works of art using DSP and inspire me daily! I can't wait to get this to hang in my stamping studio - THANK YOU!!!

    Love you,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete