Friday, August 3, 2018

Black, White, and What Other Color?

This week's challenge was to create using black, white, and one other color.  I don't know about you, but I have like 20 friends with birthdays in August!  So, I decided to use this challenge to make one of the many birthday cards I need to make :)

I chose Lovely Lipstick as my "other" color.  I love this color!!!! 

I also decided to use the Broadway Birthday Bundle.  This was my first time using the set and I really like it!  But, I will need to use it a lot more.

This is the card I made:





First, I decided that I would use a piece of Whisper White matted on Basic Black adhered to a piece of Lovely Lipstick card base.  Then, I ran the white piece through the Big Shot with the border die first.  After that, I stamped the "WISH" in Lovely Lipstick.  I then die cut the black border and used pencil to lightly trace where I wanted to adhere it.  I then stamped the "MAKE A" in Black.  I erased the pencil lines and glued down the border.  I wanted some dazzle to this card, so I added some rhinestones.  It still needed something, so I used some Lovely Lipstick and Black ribbon to "tie" it all together.  See what I did there?  Ha!

Anyway, thanks for looking and have a great day!

Check out what the Sisters In Stamping chose as their other color here!

No comments:

Post a Comment