Friday, July 20, 2018

Silver and/or Gold?

This week's theme is Silver and/or Gold.  I find it ironic that in my taste in jewelry, I always pick yellow or rose gold over white gold or silver.  But, I've noticed that when I craft, I tend to choose silver over gold, be it paper, embellishments, ink, etc.

When I was thinking of what I wanted to do for this project, I decided to just make two cards.  One in gold and one in silver.  I actually like them both!  It has now made me rethink my use of gold on projects :)

Here are the cards I made.  I'm not sure why the silver card is looking more pinkish at the bottom.  It must have been from the reflection of what I was wearing when I took this picture!

Here is a better picture of the silver card.  I used my Detailed Floral Thinlits (one of the best purchases ever!!!) to die cut a piece of Silver Foil Sheet.  I adhered it to a piece of Basic Black cardstock card base.  I wrapped a piece of the new Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon.  I finished it off with a couple Silver Pearls.

This is what the same card looks like using Gold Foil Sheet.  I used the same products listed above, except a couple of Gold Pearls.  It's just a slightly different look. 

Check out the other Silver/Gold projects from the Sisters In Stamping here!

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment