Friday, February 17, 2017

Flowers in Winter

Today's Sisters In Stamping theme is "Beat The Winter Blues Flower Project".  Winter is a really hard time to be cheerful and this winter has been a tough one on my friends and family with the deaths of so many loved ones.  So, I know I was supposed to make a flower project to beat the winter blues, but I was in a friendly sharing in the blues mood since just getting news of another passing.  To all of you going through a tough time, please know you are not alone.

I decided to make a card and decorate a small tissue box.  I used the Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper for both. 
 I built the flowers and leaves on this card using some dies from the Flower Fair Framelits.    The larger petal flower was die cut from Rich Razzleberry, the inner flower die cut from the DSP, and the leaves from Mint Macaron.  I used my bone folder to curl the larger petals and then adhered the inner flower.  I added some mini Pearl Basic Jewels in the insde of each flower and around the framed oval piece of Blushing Bride.  The sentiment is from the Thoughts & Prayers set.
 I built the tissue flower using the Blossom Builder punch.  The flower is made using Sweet Sugarplum cardstock and the leaves punched out from Mint Macaron cardstock.  I also wrapped a piece of Sweet Sugarplum ribbon around the top of the tissue box.

I'm sure the Sisters In Stamping have done fabulous flower projects.  Check them out here.

 Wishing you all a beautiful day and a bloomin' wonderful weekend!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment