Friday, October 9, 2015

Tri-fold Card

This week's Sisters In Stamping challenge was to create a fancy fold card.  I keep seeing the tri-fold card and decided to try one.  I couldn't find good directions, so I just created them myself.  I started with a 12 x 12 sheet of Whisper White cardstock.  I then cut one side down to 5 1/2".  I  then scored at 4" and 8".  Once that was done, I angled the cardstock in the paper cutter and cut.  Keep the cut piece as you'll need it if you are adding designer paper, like I did.  Cut the designer paper 12" x 5 1/4".  Then, use the cut diagonal piece to cut the designer paper on the same diagonal.  Once that is done, you can cut the DSP at 3 3/4 - 3 7/8" (depending on your borders).  The middle piece will end up being the back side of the designer paper - that could look cool.  But, if you want the same designer paper, you'll need to use the middle piece to cut out a matching designer paper piece.  Adhere the designer paper and decorate!  It was pretty easy and I'd definitely make more of these.

I just received my huge Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog order and was so excited to sit down and use the products.

Here is what the card looks like folded.


 Here is what the card looks like when you pull it open fully.


This is the innermost piece - the back piece.


Here is the middle piece on the inside.  I left it designer paperless so I could stamp my sentiment.


Here is the outside piece.

Thanks so much for looking and have a great day!
 

Paper:  Season of Cheer DSP
Stamps:  Snow Place (and matching dies) and Flurry of Wishes
Inks:  Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Hello Honey, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, and Tangerine Tango marker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment