Sunday, May 10, 2009

Embossing With Classic Inks





















My friend Sarah went to the Seattle Regional Stampin' Up! convention. She said that they shared a tip to make your classic ink available for embossing. They said to add the white chalk ink refill to your classic ink reinker and emboss as normal. I decided to try it. BUT, I also wanted to see what would happen if I added the class ink refill to Versamark refill. I remembered I had bought this stuff called Cut-n-Dry (by Inkssentials) at a scrapbook convention I attended a couple years ago. It's kind of cool - you can cut to any size and add ink to it to make your own ink pad. It was perfect for my test. I cut two small squares; one for the classic ink/white chalk refills and one for the classic ink/Versamark refill. I used the butterfly from the Great Friends set as it has a lot of negative space to stamp. Well, after stamping several times from each and embossing, I don't really see that much of a difference. I thought the chalk refill would lighten the color of the classic ink. It did very slightly, but not as much as I had expected. So, if you want to emboss with your classic ink, you should try this! Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment