Saturday, August 6, 2016

Happy Hawaiian Birthday!

I love this set that retired last year and I didn't even get to use it until now!  But, I have several friends that love Hawaii just as much as I do or are from Hawaii and I know this card will make them smile on their special day (hope so!).  So, I made two and used slightly different colored cardstock for each.  One is Pool Party and Crumb Cake.  The other uses Soft Sky and Sahara Sand.  I tore the cardstock and layered it to make it look like sand.  Then, I used my markers to color in the surf boards and then cut each one out.  I stamped the seashells in both Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake and used the mini punches to punch them out.  One of the seashells had to be cut out by hand as I didn't have a punch for it.  The turtle is stamped on Wild Wasabi cardstock using Garden Green ink, then cut by hand.  I bought the Hawaiian Happy Birthday stamp in Maui a couple years ago and stamped it using Memento Black Tuxedo ink on Crushed Curry cardstock.  It took a long time to make these two cards, but I love them and hope my friends will too!





Mahalo for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment