Friday, July 8, 2016

Summertime Fun

What do I think of when I think of summer?  Flowers!  I'm not a fan of the heat and humidity of summer, but I do love the gorgeous colors of summer flowers, trees, and grass.  Summer has finally hit our area and it's hot and humid!  But, the grass is so green and the flowers are just gorgeous. 

This week's Sisters In Stamping theme is summer.

I recently went to a scrapbooking convention and dies and water coloring are definitely this year's fad.  I took a couple water coloring classes to try to improve my terrible hand at it.  I think it helped a little.  I'll just keep trying :)

So, I decided to combine water coloring and dies in this week's card.






First, I used my aqua painter and Soft Sky ink pad to create the washed out background (watercolor paper).  I then die cut the Flourish thinlits and then water colored them with my aqua painter and inks.  I assembled the card and added a colored pearl and some Crystal Effects to give the card a little more dimension.  It does remind me of summer :)

Stamps:  Thoughtful Banners

Inks:  Pool Party, Soft Sky, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, and Memento Tuxedo Black

Punches:  Duet Banners

Dies:  Flourish Thinlits

Cardstock:  Watercolor Paper, Pool Party (Base)

Accessories:  Pearls, Crystal Effects, and Dimensionals

Thanks for looking and wishing you a wonderful summer!

Head on over to the Sisters In Stamping blog to see what reminds them of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment