Friday, July 22, 2016

Color challenge!

I love a good color challenge.  Karla, from Sisters In Stamping came up with this beautiful color combo!


I actually ended up making two cards for this challenge because I wasn't crazy about the first one I made.

This is the first card I made.  I wanted to use my new In Color DSP and the Pretty Kitty stamp set.  So, I stamped my image, colored it in, and then used my new Circle dies to cut out the image and DSP.  I used some new In Color ribbon to "tie" it all together, but I don't love it. 


I started thinking that I needed to go more simple for this color challenge.  So, this is what I created.  I love it!  I used the same DSP and just stamped directly onto it.  I die cut the butterflies and the card was done!  I started to put some pearl embellishments on the butterflies, but decided to stick to simple.



And another challenge done!  Thanks for looking and head over to the Sisters In Stamping blog to check out what the talented SISers did for this challenge!

Have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!







No comments:

Post a Comment