Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas Card

The Sisters In Stamping chose to create a Christmas card this week. 

I was happy to use my new cardinal stamp from the Joyful Season stamp set.  I couldn't get the inside stamp to align and look good with the outline stamp, so I decided to color my little guy in with my Cherry Cobbler marker instead.  I colored the berries on the limb with the marker too.






I decided his eye needed to stand out.  So, I used a black Sharpie marker and colored a Pearl jewel.  After it dried, I placed it where his eye is and love how it looks.  I thought the card needed more texture and since I could find a ribbon to use, I decided to break out my Crystal Effects (love this stuff!) and put some over each berry.

The Designer Series Paper I used is from the Season of Cheer pack.  I used my favorite Deco Lable die and cut out the opening in the DSP.  I probably should have popped up the DSP piece with dimensionals.  Next time!

Thanks for looking.  Please check out what the Sisters In Stamping created this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment