Sunday, May 12, 2013

New Technique

I learned a new technique, thanks to my fellow SULD Stampin Sister Gaylyn P (thanks Gaylyn!).  You use reinkers and a straw - very cool!  It takes some practice, but I love that each time you do it, you get a unique image.

After seeing her demo this technique, I thought about what I wanted to do.  The first thing that came to mind was a sea/sun scene.  I'm not sure anyone else will get this, but it made sense to me at the time! LOL
 
After this, I thought about how the ink lines look like jellyfish tentacles.  It is almost eerie, but I love it!  I also incorporated another technique I saw demoed by fellow SULD Stamper  Kathy K!  Kathy showed us how to make faux metal images using Versamark and embossing powder.  I didn't stamp anything, but loved the thick look and wanted to use it on my jellyfish body.  I used my frosted Versamark and clear embossing powder - It has a very cool shimmery effect.  Not sure it comes through on this picture though.



When I first saw Gaylyn demo this technique, I though that her image looked so much like modern art that I love.  So, I wanted to create a piece that reminds me of some favorite pieces I've seen in bold basic colors.  I love the simplicity of this one!

I decided to try it again and place it on crisp, sharp lined pieces to contrast the non-conforming lines of the ink.  I like how this one turned out too.
 
Anyway, it is a very cool and fun technique that is full of possibilities!  Hope you try it too!
 
Have a great day and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I love how these turned out!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You did a great job on these!!! It looks like a really fun technique.

    ReplyDelete