Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Design Cards

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, Everyone!

Just a quick post today with our challenge cards.

Here's the challenge:  Use the colors provided and make a center step card.


First up is Michelle's card - isn't it bright, fun, and awesome?  I love her use of colors - that DSP is adorable!  And, I love the way she framed out the center image using both fancy shapes and ovals.  The flowers, bling, and ribbon give it that extra special touch too.  And, aren't the sentiments across the bottom clever?  I love these banner framed sentiments - they are just perfect for this card!
 
Love it, Michelle!



Next is my card.  This was a challenge for me since I'd never attempted a center step card.  I didn't realize it was going to be more square.  But, I like it and will attempt more in the future.
 
I knew I wanted to do some kind of sea scene using my new whale die.  The colored DSP made it easier for me since I didn't stamp anything but the whale's spout!  The pendents across the top helped me fill in a lot of empty space, but I like how it turned out.  With the punch, it is quick and easy.  I believe the stars and fish are also on the whale die - so cute!

 
 
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment