Friday, September 8, 2017

Sympathy Card

Unfortunately, I've been needing a lot of sympathy cards lately.   I've used most of my stock, so it was good that this week's SIS theme is to make a sympathy card.  I created two. 


I decided I wanted to use the Thoughts & Prayers set since I haven't used it in a long time.  I then decided to grab some DSP, but didn't want anything very busy so as it wouldn't take away from my stamped image.  I decided to grab the Fresh Florals DSP, specifically a Berry Burst paper.  I cut out some pieces and adhered them to the Whisper White card base.

I then used my Tranquil Teal and Berry Burst markers to color in the stamp.   After stamping the image, I cut it out using the paper cutter and then mounted the imaged piece on a piece of Tranquil Teal cardstock.  I wanted to see what the image would look like if I didn't center it, but adhered it at an angle.  Both cards needed a sentiment, so I stamped out both, then die cut each using the Layering Ovals Framelits.  I popped them up using dimensionals and adhered them.  I felt like they needed just a little something more, so I took out the Pearl Basic Jewels that I love and put the smallest ones in the center of each of the flowers.  To finish up the card, I tied some Tranquil Teal ribbon on each. 

Here is a closeup of each card:





Please click here to see what the Sisters In Stamping created.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment