Friday, July 14, 2017

Pretty Kitty

Well, I finally had a chance to sit down and play with my new SU! items - yay!

Today's Sisters In Stamping theme is "animals".  I was going to make a card and had an idea all lined, up, but when I started to pull things, I saw some honey jars and got a totally different idea.

I decided to make/decorate a kitty treat jar!  I used my Pretty Kitty set and stamped the image.  I then used my heart thinlits to die cut her out.  I also die cut a slightly larger heart using the new Berry Burst cardstock.  I then colored my kitty using some Smoky Slate ink and a paint brush.  I mixed a little water with the ink and painted her in.  I then used the Berry Burst and Powder Pink markers to color in her bow, ears, and nose.  I used the new In Color DSP in Berry to cover the jar and lid.  I also tied the hearts to the jar with the Berry ribbon.  I thought there was just a little too much white space around the kitty, so I used the new Glitter Enamel Dots to fill it in.

I think I'll put in some treats and give to one of my cat friends!



Here is the finished treat jar.  It was really fast and easy!  So, save those jars and here's a quick gift idea for a friend!

Check out the other Sisters In Stamping animal creations here.

Have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment