Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Shoebox Swap Card

Every year, my sister and SU! upline hosts a shoebox swap for her downline.  I love this event.  It's so great to see my stamping friends, get great ideas and cards, and just have a really fun time!

This year, I wanted to use all of the SU! gold items:  sparkly paper, metallic paper, and vellum.  However, when I was trying to decide on a design, the silver items ended up working better!  Plus, there is some silver ribbon that is current!

I decided to use my Happy Hour stamp set for the glasses and then stamped them out again on the back side of the silver glitter paper.  If you do this, use your StazOn ink for this.  The Memento doesn't dry on the back of the glitter paper.  Also, I used the StazOn ink to stamp the sentiment on the vellum.  Again, the Memento didn't seem to dry on the vellum either!  So, it is nice to have both types of ink!

Wow, vellum is a stinker to try to adhere!  I found that nothing worked - I tried about three types of tape and three different glues.  I read to use a glue dot, but that didn't work either.  So, I finally got smart and decided to use a brad to hold the vellum in place.  I love these candy dot brads from SU!  I didn't realize that the little pearls fit in them too - what a great discovery!  

Here is the finished product!

We also do a gift exchange.  The gifts have to be handmade.  I love that!  I used a gift bag I received from a recent store purchase and embellished it with really old SU! DSP.  The paper is so old that it only has a design on one side!  Guess I've been with SU! for a long time!


I love these paint cans.  I pulled some beloved chocolate DSP and decorated it with some chocolate stamped images.  I then put the paper on the inside of the can.  I somehow didn't center the image on the paper so ran the ribbon through the plastic (cut with Xacto) and tied a big ribbon on the side that was uneven :)  I was very happy with myself for thinking for thinking of this.  Yes, it is those little things in life!
 I filled the can with chocolates, hot chocolate, and a Target gift card :)  What girl wouldn't like that???  Here is the lid of the can.

Well, another year's meeting done! 

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment