Saturday, February 23, 2013

February Challenge Cards

I can't believe it is already the last Saturday of February!  I thought I had one more week...

Here are the February challenge cards.  I want to send a special "thank you" to Debbie and Regina for creating along with Michelle and me.  We really appreciate and love your work!

Let's see the challenge:
 
Up first - Debbie Naylor's card!  She made such a pretty card for this design challenge.  I love the stamped images - so pretty!  I also like that she framed the stamped insert and used some of those pretty pearls on the flowers.  I just think this card is so sweet and would be such a delight to receive!  To read more about this card and to check out Debbie's other fantastic creations, please visit her blog here:



Next is Regina's card.  I just love everything about this card.  I love the speckled back, the textured center and strip, the bling, the stitched edging, and the white wispy areas - not sure what that is, but I like it!  I also love how Regina has displayed her card here, on the ink pads.  Great card, Regina - love it!  To see more of Regina's beautiful creations, please visit her blog here:


Here is Michelle's card.  Isn't this adorable?  I love the textured clouds behind the onesies - I have to get that folder!  She cut out all of those onesies, after coloring them, and has them "hanging" on the line.  I just think this is such a cute, cute card.  I'm sure the recipient of this card is going to really love it!  So, so cute, Michelle!
 
Here is my card.  I just love these cute little cats.  I thought it was a great sketch for Valentine's Day, so that's what I made!  The pink and red colors were easy enough, but the saffron and celery threw me off a little.  But, when I saw this stamp, I knew I'd color the cats in saffron.  I thought it would be good to frame the image using celery since that leaf couldn't be the only celery on the card!  I wish I had used a textured embossing folder for the pink background instead of stamping in, but hindsight is always 20/20, right?  LOL

 
Thanks for looking!  Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend.  See you next weekend with March's challenge.  Please join us! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy
    I always find it fascinating how many different ideas come out with one challenge!

    Hi Cindy
    I always find it fascinating how many different ideas come out with energy challenge!

    The white wispy areas were not as planned. Actually I wanted to apply shimmer mist and I accidentally caught the platinum spray! And this spray has not sprayed speckled but straight as an arrow *grrr*
    Love your cards ;)

    ReplyDelete