Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October Challenge Cards

Hi - hope everyone is okay after that horrible storm.

Here are the cards for October's monochromatic challenge.  This was was a lot harder than I anticipated!  I think the sketch didn't lend itself well to doing a monochromatic card.  I think lots of layers is definitely a must for these kinds of cards.

Here's the sketch challenge:

First up is Debbie Naylor's card.  She was really thinking color!  I love this card - that stamped flower image is so amazingly beautiful and really pops!  This is really a great way to use this sketch and I love that she thought in color.  Great job, Sis!  Thanks for joining us again this month! 
 
For more of Debbie's unfrogettable creations and to read more about this card, please visit her blog here!

 
Next up is Michelle's card.  Wow, this is such an elegant card and what a perfect wedding, shower, or anniversary card this would make!  The textured background goes perfectly with the feel of this card.  I love the embossed butterfly with the pearls too.  Great card, Michelle!  To see more of Michelle's awesome creations, please visit her blog here.

 
And last up is my card.  I really struggled with this challenge.  I thought it would be a lot easier.  I knew I wanted to do a wintry card and I could only think in all white.  So, snow it was!  I used different snowflake embossing folders and another embossing folder for the middle piece.  It didn't look quite right, so I added some ribbon.  I cut die cut some snowflakes and added a pearl to the middle and popped it up on a dimensional so it stands out from the embossed snowflakes.  It still needed something, so I found a white snowflake brad and punched out some tags after stamping "merry" on them.  I attached to the brad with some DMC floss and finally felt like it was done.  Whew!  It really was a challenging month!

 
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.  Please join us in November for a new challenge that will be posted on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what wonderful cards you made!
    You can find my challenge-card on my blog
    http://kreativespotpourri.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/meine-karte-fur/
    I hope you are all fine...how incredible bad storm. Terrible!!
    Hugs & greetings from germany
    Regina

    ReplyDelete