Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Simply Paper Design Challenge Post










Hi there! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. It's gone so quickly!




Here are our cards for the March design challenge. When I looked at the sketch, I immediately thought of a donut! I wanted to try to make one since the Crumb Cake and Early Espresso colors would be perfect for a chocolate glazed cake donut. I punched out the "donut" and then colored in the "icing" with my Espresso marker. Then, I used Crystal Effects on top of the colored area to make it look glazed. I used my new Cupcake punch and punched out the "sprinkles" and adhered them. I love the new chocolate set from the Occasions mini and knew I'd use one of the stamps to go with my donut. I ended up stamping on both the So Saffron and Crumb Cake papers. I decided to use the So Saffron to meet the challenge colors, but cut out the little chocolate from the Crumb Cake paper and popped it up over the So Saffron one with a dimensional. I got a little carried away when I was tying my Espresso ribbon - you can see I accidentally tore a little of the Turquoise paper :( But, I'm still happy with my final product.


Debbie was thinking along the same lines as me with her adorable and blingy cupcakes! I love the detail Debbie adds to her cards. Look at the layers of texture, perfect lines/edges, and symmetry! This card is perfect for anyone at any age and any gender. I love that she "iced" her cupcakes with glitter and used the rhinestones in the corners. I also like that she put the sentiment at the top. What a fun card! Who wouldn't want for their birthday, right?


Thanks for looking. Hope you've enjoyed our cards and hope you'll join us for a challenge or two! I'll be posting another card I made using this challenge next month. The group I belong to used this challenge for our group's April swap, thanks to the hostess and wonderfully talented Michelle Arthur. She created the card on the post right before this one. Be sure to check out her blog for her fun and sensational creations!




1 comment:

  1. Okay, you guys are making me hungry!!! These are great cards. The donut is genius!!! I never would have came up with that. As for Debbie's card (she really should have a blog), the layers and bling are awesome. I love all of the texture. I must go and find a snack now.......
    Looking forward to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete