Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mother's Day Card


I've been wanting use my sticky shapes and glitters for a while, but didn't quite know what I would do. I was inspired seeing so many Mother's Day cards on the blogs and decided to make one. I used the 5 petal punch and cut them out on Summer Sun cardstock. I tried using the 1" circle punch on the 2 sided sticky sheets, but it wasn't strong enough to cut through. So, I used my circle cutting system to cut out 1" circles. I dipped the one side of the sticky circle in the chocolate chip glitter. I love this stuff! I then used the leaves from the sticky cuts sweet pack and dipped them in the green glitter. Both glitters are from the Supernova glitter pack. After dipping in glitter, I noticed there was glitter everywhere! I decided to put a layer of crystal effects over the glittered area to see what it would look like after it dried. I am very happy with the results. The bling of the glitter still shines through and the crystal effects allowed me to dust off the excess glitter afterwards! I think I'll be using this technique for a long time. I can't wait to play more with the glitter and CE! Hope you have a great day/evening :) TFL


Stamp: All Holidays set

CS: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, and Summer Sun

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Punches, glitter from Supernova pack, crystal effects, and 2 sided sticky sheets and sticky cuts sweets pack

No comments:

Post a Comment