Friday, August 17, 2018

Emboss Away!

Rachel chose "wet embossing" as the theme this week for the Sisters In Stamping.  I used to emboss a lot!  I recently started doing it again and really do love the way it looks.  I also love to do it for images I'm coloring.  It makes it so much easier to color and stay within the lines!

I really wasn't sure what stamps to use on this, but knew I wanted to use my Coffee Cafe stamps and matching framelits.  So I grabbed them and this is what I created:






I used a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and then stamped the coffee beans in Early Espresso.  I inked up the stamps and then stamped off twice on the cardstock to have different shades of beans.  I like the way it looks.  I then stamped the "Thanks A Latte" using Early Espresso, poured clear embossing powder over, and heated it to emboss/set.  I thought it might look cool to then have the cup sleeve be embossed, so I used Versamark all over the piece of cardstock I just stamped and embossed.  I poured more embossing powder on and heated it.  I decided to use Craft white ink on Whisper White cardstock, clear embossing powder, and heated that up.  I used Versamark ink on Hunter Green cardstock, embossing powder, and heated that up.  Once I finished embossing everything, I let it all cool and then ran all of the pieces through the Big Shot with the framelits.  After die cutting, I assembled the card.

I'm not sure you can see all of the embossing I've done on this card, but in person, it does stand out.  I know people are probably wondering why a straw is sticking out of a hot cup, but I started using a straw to drink my hot coffees a long time ago when a coworker friend did it.  I like my coffee hot and you can drink it quickly and before it cools this way :)  Plus, I think it is better to bypass the teeth when drinking coffee to help keep from getting as stained. 

Anyway, thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!  Check out the other ladies' creations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment