Saturday, January 21, 2017

National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Can you believe that there is actually a National Squirrel Appreciation Day?  Well, today is it!  I used to love squirrels.  But, they have destroyed so many of my bird feeders and eat most of the bird seed, I no longer love them :(  I've counted 6 of them on my feeders at one time!  Well, unbeknownst to them, I'm going to try something to deter them - heh, heh, heh...  I saw on Facebook a video someone posted and sent to me where the clever person put a slinky on the shepherd's crook holding their bird feeder.  Genius!!!  I'm going to be trying that on Sunday :)

But, I'll give them their day and celebrate with this card I made:






I went a little crazy with layers, but I wanted to use my new dies my friend got me.  I love the edging these dies give!

I did color the tree and bird images in with markers so I could use different colors on the stamps.  I popped up the die cut squirrels too.

Thanks for looking and if you see a squirrel today, show them a little love and maybe leave them some peanuts :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment