Friday, January 6, 2017

Happy Birthday To All The Snow Babies!

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone is enjoying a safe and healthy new year so far.

This week's Sisters In Stamping theme is "Birthday".

I know a lot people with early January birthdays.  So, for all of you, this card is for you!  I definitely want to give a shout out to my Sisters In Stamping friend Rachel as it is her actual birthday today!  Happy Birthday, Rachel!!!!






I love this little stamp and the matching punch (Cookie Cutter Christmas).  Isn't it cute?  I colored in the winter girl image with my markers (Crumb Cake and Dapper Denim).  I also used some Blushing Bride on her cheeks.  After I colored in my little snow girl, I used some pearlescent paint around the hood, cuffs, and edge of shirt.

I don't think you can tell, but I used Shimmery White paper for the igloo and background cardstock.  To make the igloo, I first used my Simply Scored Tool to mimic the ice "bricks".  Then, I used my Layering Circle Framelits to cut out the igloo.  Next, I adhered a thin layer of glue on the scored lines and outline of the igloo and poured Dazzling Diamonds all over.  I knocked off the unstuck DD and let it set/dry.   

The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set and I punched it out using the Duet Banner punch.  I punched out the sentiment using the top banner and then punched out the bottom piece using Dapper Denim cardstock.  I layered the Shimmery White cardstock on Dapper Denim and then layered them on Crumb Cake. 

I finished the card off by wrapping a piece of Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon, applying a couple Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the punched sentiment and then used Stampin Dimensionals to pop up each item.  It was a lot of work, but totally worth it because it makes me happy - I love winter!

Please check out what the Sisters In Stamping ladies created for this week's theme here.

Thank you for looking and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment