Friday, February 19, 2016

Mint & Chocolate

Mint and Chocolate - two things that go very well together!  That's this week's challenge over at the Sisters-in-Stamping blog.  Jennifer picked two things I love!  The color mint was one of my signature colors in the 80s.  I've never stopped loving it and have been so happy that the color has come back in style in the past couple years!  I'm buying it up like crazy :)  I also love the taste of mint in anything, especially when mixed with chocolate.  How could you not????

I immediately thought of chocolate mint candies when I saw the challenge.  So, I had to make a favor box.  I fell in love with this Curvy Keepsakes Box - it's so easy to assemble too!

Here's what I made:





I just used Chocolate Chip cardstock to make the Curvy Keepsake Box.  Then, I used the Mint Macaron cardstock and the Bow Builder Punch to make the pretty bow.  It was still needing something, so I stamped the "It's For You" sentiment (from the Amazing Birthday set) on Mint cardstock using Chocolate ink.  I cut it out using the round label thinlit that comes with the Curvy Keepsake Box thinlit.  It even cuts out the hole for ribbon and string!  I tied the label on with the new Mint/Black Baker's Twine.

It's simple, but I love it.  I'd love to receive this filled with some mint chocolates, wouldn't you?  Yum!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Check out the other Mint-Chocolate creations by the SIS ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment