Friday, February 5, 2016

Get Well!

Today's Sisters In Stamping challenge was to make a Get Well card.  I initially had a hard time coming up with an idea until I saw my new Cuppa stamps, DSP, and matching dies!

I always seem to want hot tea when I'm sick.  So, I thought this assortment would make a great Get Well Card.

Here's my card and what I used:






I used the Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies - the cup - and ran it through the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  I then stamped the sentiment "Feel Better" from the Sassy Salutation stamp set.  I used Melon Mambo ink and cut out the sentiment and mounted it on Melon Mambo cardstock.  I used the corner punch on both.  I used a piece of Metallic Gold Baker's Twine for the "tea bag" string and stapled it to the sentiment-"tea bag" piece.  I adhered the other end of the twine using a Dimensional and then adhered that piece to the Have A Cuppa DSP.  I love the colors of this DSP - so cute and cheerful!  I thought I would use the matching stamp set (A Nice Cuppa), but it didn't work for my card.  That's okay - next time!

Thanks so much for looking.  Please check out the other Get Well cards that the Sisters In Stamping made here.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment