Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shaving Cream Mess!




I've been wanting to try the shaving cream technique and thought the ColourQ challenge #20 would be perfect for it. So, I broke out the shaving cream, my reinkers, and got to work. What a mess! I don't know how others make it look so nice, without the streak marks from wiping the cream off. I don't think I'll be doing this technique again anytime soon ;) But, it was fun and I love the colors! I needed something youthful and fun as the focal point, so used a Greetings Earthling image a friend (Hi Michelle!) sent me. I colored it in with markers and started layering on the colors. I got the idea for the ribbon after seeing a girl's pants on Wheel of Fortune one night. She had these cool "ribbons" on her pants that were attached with big buttons. So, I wanted to incoporate that into the card. I also wanted more color, so added the brads. I think this will be my nephew's birthday card next year!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamps: Greetings Earthling
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Yo Yo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquiose, and Whisper White
Accessories: Markers, Reinkers, Real Red satin ribbon, Real Red corduroy buttons, and Bold Bright brads

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, so glad I found you Cindy! Your beautiful card was mis-linked with Samantha's URL! I love the shaving cream - I've been too chicken to try it - lol! Thanks so much for playing the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete