Friday, November 2, 2018

There's something about ribbon...

I love ribbon whether it is on a package, a card, or hair accessory!  There is something beautiful, fun, and creative about it.  It can dress up something, make it more whimsical, or make it more elegant.  Ribbon is definitely my favorite embellishment when it comes to paper crafting.

So, when asked for a theme for the Sisters In Stamping, I chose ribbon!

I thought on this for a long time, having the basic idea in my head.  I wanted to use different colors of ribbon behind a die cut image.  I thought I'd do one large one, but then, I stumbled on my new Holiday goodies and while looking at the new In Colors, I knew what I'd do!

This is the card I created:




It's not a great photo, so sorry about that!

But, I love how this turned out.  I first took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and randomly punched out the light bulbs with the new punch.  Then, I put down some double sticky tape around the punched out bulbs - on the back of the cardfront.  I began laying down small pieces of the In Color ribbons to "color" each bulb.  I used the gold edged ribbon for the bulb bases.  I then used some Tombow glue to create the wire line.  I squeezed it out in a random path and let it air dry so it would be tacky.  I then layed down the silver bakers twin over it.  The bulbs needed just a little bit more, so I made bows out the same In Color ribbons and adhered them to each bulb. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Making Christmas Bright stamp set (matches the Bulb Builder Punch).  I used my trimmer to cut it out and then framed it on In Color pieces.  You can't tell, but the base of the card is a piece of Call Me Clover.  The In Colors this year are perfect for Christmas!  I think this card turned out exactly how I wanted and it's fun, right?

Hope your upcoming holidays are bright and filled with fun.  Thanks for looking and hop on over to the SIS blog to see what the other ladies created using ribbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment