Sunday, May 20, 2012

May Design Challenge Cards


I know next weekend is going to be super busy, so I decided I'd better post Michelle's and my cards now!  Here is the sketch and color challenge: 


Michelle had the good idea to feature the SU! In-Colors that are retiring at the end of the month.  I know I'm going to miss these colors.  I really liked them!

Firs up is Michelle's adorable Birthday card.  I love the cute DSP she used to set the tone for this card.  The coloring on the images is right on with the colors she used in this card.  I also love that she featured a tag in the middle with the sentiment - very clever and cute!  The gem brad and ribbon just add that extra touch that Michelle always does so well :)  Check out her other creations here.




Next up is my card.  I had a hard time with this one.  I wanted to use a different stamp set, but then realized I had to use the In Colors.  So, I went to my favorite DSPs and everything started to evolve from there.  My husband's aunt has a birthday coming up and my mother-in-law (her sister) loves to call her the "princess".  I thought she deserved a "royal" card ;)  I haven't had a chance to even use my new stamps from February, so pulled them out and started stamping.  I had a hard time with the sentiment in the middle.  I think I stamped it like 10 times; different inks on different DSP.  I finally decided on this combo.  I was going to use brads on the corners of the main image, but I have a hard time not using ribbon on a card and liked the look of the ribbon best.

So, there we have it!  I can't believe we are already at the end of May.  Soon we'll be posting June's challenge :)  Thank you all for looking and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment