Sunday, November 27, 2011

November Simply Paper Design Challenge Cards

Hello!  I have our November Simply Paper Design Challenge cards.  Here was our sketch and color challenge:


Here we have Michelle's card.  I love the little additions she chose to place on this card.  It adds that little extra something.  The angled frame piece behind the sentiment is brilliant!  I'll be copying that ;)  The textured background stamp gives the card a nice depth and fills in the blank space nicely!  Great job, Michelle - love it!  Please visit Michelle's blog here.



Here is my card.  This was a fun layout, but I had to completely change my plans as the stamp that I thought I'd used just didn't work with this sketch. It was too big. But, I'm happy with the end product.  I originally thought I'd do a Thanksgiving/Fall card, but after having to change the main image, I decided to do a male birthday card.  I think the colors work nicely.  I have a hard time not using ribbon on any card and I know that it isn't too masculine, so I added some metal hodgepodge to help keep it more masculine.  I colored in the stamp image with my markers to get the different colors on the image.  It was a fun sketch and I think I'll use it again!

Debbie is working on her card, so I'll post when she's ready.

Have a very happy day and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love your card, Cindy!!!! The hardware on the ribbons is great. I will be copying that. :-)
    Can't wait to see what Debbie comes up with.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy
    I really liked your card! The ribbons on your card, I think it's great!
    Unfortunately I did not manage to make a matching card for this challenge.
    But, I'll see if I can do it at the next task. :)
    wish you a good time ....
    hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete