Friday, December 14, 2018

Crafty Christmas Ornaments

This week, Karla asked us to make a Christmas ornament.  I thought on this a long time.  This wasn't an easy theme for me this week!  But, I did what I know and do best - I alter things!  I started out with a bangle jewelry box.  I covered it with a piece of Merry Merlot cardstock.  I then ran a couple pieces of Copper Foil Sheets and the Blizzard Thinlits Die through the Big Shot.  I carefully extracted the snowflake pieces and set them aside.  I cut the die cut sheet into the size of the box and adhered it over the Merry Merlot.  After that was done, I adhered a piece of the Merry Merlot and Copper ribbon to the outside of the box.  I also used a few other pieces to make the hanging piece and bow.

I took the punched out snowflakes and layered them.  I had small copper brads, so used them to hold the pieces together.  I then randomly placed them on the front of the box,  using dimensionals.  You can't tell, but I sometimes used 2 or 3 dimensionals, stacked on top of each other, to give the snowflakes different heights.



It's a bit much, but it's done!  I can't wait to see how it looks on my tree this year :)  Thanks for looking and please check out the other SISer's ornaments here!

Have a wonderful day and a wonderful holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment