Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday!

I love the theme to this week's Sisters In Stamping project!  In honor of Black Friday, we made projects featuring the color black.

When I think of Black Friday, I of course think of shopping!  I couldn't resist making this cute little purse:





I used a Sizzix die I've had to create custom purses for customers.  I love how this turned out.

First, I cut out the purse using the Winter Wonderland Specialty Design Series Paper and assembled it.  Then, I pulled out my Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper.  I could stare at this paper all day - I LOVE it!  I put a couple drops of Memento Tuxedo Black reinker on a Stamping Sponge and dabbed over an area of the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper.  I set it aside to dry.

After it dried (give it a a long time or you'll end up with very messy fingers!), I cut out the largest Deco Label die and punched out some snowflakes with my Snow Flurry punch.  I then cut out a smaller Deco Label die and punched some more snowflakes on the regular Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper.

I adhered the Deco Label pieces together using my Tombow Liquid Glue and set aside to dry.  I adhered the snowflake pieces with the Tombow too.  While they were drying, I wrapped the White
Glitter Ribbon around the purse.  Once they were dry, I popped up the snowflakes using a dimensional.  I then punched a whole on the top of the label and ran the glitter ribbon through it so I could tie a bow.  I put dimensionals on the back on the label piece to adhere to the flap of the purse.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I put a regular Rhinestone in the middle of the snowflake.  Funny that it looks dull and black in the picture, but in person, it sparkles with the rest of the project.

Since I love glittery things, I love how this turned out.  Loved this theme!  Check out what the Sisters In Stamping created here.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment