Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Challenge Cards

November's challenge certainly was a challenge!  We all love to stamp, so not being able to use a stamp was difficult.  But, I love how these cards turned out!  Here was the challenge:

Michelle made two cards for this challenge.  I love the bold colors of this card.  It just screams happiness!  I love the different elements she used for this card.  She used a lot of dies, pearls, and metal accents.  The different DSP looks so great together. 
 The second card Michelle made has a totally different feel to it.  I find this card very elegant and beautiful.  I think it is all DSP - gorgeous, Michelle!  The blue is just striking and the butterfly really seems to come alive against the blue - love this card too!
Regina also made two cards for this challenge!  On this card, she said she did cheat and stamp, but I wouldn't have known had she not fessed up ;)  I thought it was on the paper already!  This card is a great male teenager card.   So, nice job, Regina!  I'm sure your son loved it too.
 
You can make some pretty awesome DSP yourself :)  To read more about this awesome 16th birthday card, please visit Regina's blog here:
 Regina's second card also has a totally different feel to it.  It's fund and upbeat!  I love that Max's name is the highlight to this card.  I'm sure it made his day brighter and fun filled!  To check out more about this card, please visit Regina's blog here:
Lastly, here is my card.  I'm not sure why there is a pinkish hue to the card because there is no pink on the paper or embellishments!  Anyway, I saw snowflakes when I looked at the design and decided to use my new DSP.  I also wanted to use my snowflake framelits.  After I cut out the snowflakes, I put them in some different snowflake embossing folders and ran them through the Big Shot.  I like the way they now have texture to them.  I love the new fancy metal embellishments SU! came out with in the holiday catalog and decided to add them to each snowflake.  I popped each snowflake up with dimensionals.  The card still looked like it needed something, so I grabbed some matching ribbons (love the new silver ribbon!), doubled them up, and wrapped them around the card.
I thought this was a difficult challenge, but a good one.  Sometimes, you can create some great cards with just paper and a few embellishments.  It would be fun to make some matching gift bags to these cards.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment