Saturday, July 27, 2013

July Design Challenge Posts

Happy Weekend!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far. 

This month's challenge was quite a challenge!  I know when I drew the sketch while sitting in an auditorium training, I had some good ideas on how I'd interpret the sketch.  BUT, that was not what happened when it came to create!  I think I was going to do kites for this sketch, but they didn't quite make it onto my card ;)

Here's the sketch:

 First up is my card.  I really like the pendent punch.  I wanted to make a word out of the pendents, but couldn't make it work.  So, I found my little butterfly punch and used it instead :)  I wasn't sure how to use these colors, but the DSP made it easy!  Not much else to say!

Next is Michelle's card.  Wow!  She did a great job with the colors and following the sketch - love the use of the buttons (love buttons!).  The poppy images are beautiful too.  Great card, Michelle; someone will be lucky to receive it!


And finally we have Regina's card.  Isn't this cute? 
She and I must have butterflies on the mind right now with Summer in full swing.  I love how she edged the borders with a marker and used a scallop border and punched holes across the card.  I know she put a lot of work into this card and it is just so bright and summery and makes me smile :)  Thanks, Regina - as always, love your creations!
 

I can't believe this month is almost over in a few days.  Where is the time going???  Please join us next month as we challenge ourselves again.  Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy
    i did 2 Cards for this challenge ;o)

    http://kreativespotpourri.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/simply-paper-design-challenge-7-072013/

    Greetings from sweating Germany
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge!!! I love the pennants on yours and the butterflies on Regina's. I also like how Regina used her marker for the border. Such a great sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete