Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Own Color Challenge!




I am lucky enough to get to pick the color and sketch challenges for our SU! group. I look for challenges all week long and post for the weekend. Well, last week, I didn't see a color challenge that worked for me, so I came up with my own. I was exercising one night and happened to look at one of the stuffed animals we have in the basement. The colors just work! Do you all know the Bananas in Pajamas? We have one and Banana 1 became my color inspiration. I chose Ballet Blue, Yo Yo Yellow, Soft Suede, and Whisper White.

I thought it would be so easy. I was going to use one of my dog sets, but then got this idea of fish in a glass tank. I broke out my clear window sheets and cut one into the shape of a glass tank. I then started searching the blogs for the ornament punch fish that I've seen. I used a bunch of them as inspiration and came up with one blue and one yellow fish. I tore the Suede paper to make it look like a sandy bottom. I also used the spritzer tool with a Ballet Blue marker to spritz the white background to make it look a little more watery.

This is the finished product - I kinda like it! I hope you do too. Thanks for looking and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment