Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun In The Sun!


Debbie N (sister), Debbie W (friend), and I attended the Chantilly, VA scrapbooking convention this weekend. Wow, was that fun! I met Dave, the founder of Muddpuddles (Hi Dave!) and he was a lot of fun. His "sand in a jar" is amazing and the possible uses are endless! He's come out with a ton of new colors and styles. Please check out his site and order some for yourself: http://www.muddpuddles.net/


I bought this new set called Beach Fun (by Clear Stamps) and had to use it with my new Malibu sand (Muddpuddles). I decided to put puffy white clouds in the sky using the Snow sand (Muddpuddles). I first stamped the images on Sierra Sand cardstock, then stamped the images again on Blush Blossom cardstock and colored in the images using my SU! markers. I then cut out the ladies and umbrella tops and adhered them with dimensionals. I stamped "Fun in the Sun!" on a piece of clear window sheet with StazOn and adhered with more Malibu sand.


This card makes me want to take off to the beach and be one of the ladies sitting in the sand, looking out over the ocean, and enjoying life!


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all Fun in the Sun!

2 comments:

  1. SO, IS THAT YOU, DEBBIE N. & DEBBIE W.????
    LOVE THE CARD AND WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO GET MYSELF SOME SAND. LIKE HOW YOU USED SAND FOR THE CLOUDS, ALSO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card is simply stunning! Love the sand, especially the clouds. TFS

    ReplyDelete